- The PCR Test will detect whether the virus was active when the sample was taken
- The swab for this test is taken from the nose and throat
- It looks for the presence of the virus’s RNA (genetic material).
- The test is accurate and will confirm whether anyone with symptoms is actively infected
- The test can be done at home or in a workplace setting
- Turnaround is 3- 4 working days
The Covid-19 home test requires a combined nose/throat swab sample to be collected and sent back to our accredited UK laboratory for testing. Inside your home testing package, you will find:
- A multipurpose PCR swab
- A transparent sealable bag containing a green topped sample vial
- A pathology form
- A full set of sample collection instructions
- A postage-paid, tracked envelope to return your sample to the laboratory.
Once you have taken your sample, please send it to our laboratory using the tracked, postage-paid envelope.